We are excited to be launching our website!!
As we do we understand we may have errors all pricing is subject to change.
Any item with a $0 cost will not be valid. We hope with time this will be rectified
Feed Products Policies
Northern Pet Emporium does not accept any feed products that have been opened or where its packaging material has been compromised or damaged.
• In the event of a recall, Northern Pet Emporium will contact the Feed Section of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency at (780) 395 - 6701.
• Recall Policy will be implemented when contacted by Feed Manufacturer or CFIA
(due to various reasons, including customer complaint). If necessary other feeds will be investigated to possibly be included in recall.
• In the event of a feed recall, recall records will be kept for 2 years.
• Effectiveness of the recall to be recorded noting the following items:
o Notification efficiency
o Traceability efficiency
o Identification of target recovery efficiency
• Distribution records/sales invoices for animal feed will contain:
o The name and address of the person to whom the feed is distributed or
o The name, lot number, quantity and other information used to identify the animal food as well as date sold;
• Distribution records/sales invoices will be kept for a period of ten years.
• The information provided by the above records will be used to track any feed that has been recalled.
• All recalled product will be stored in an area separate from other feeds to avoid any possible cross contamination.
• Any recalled material will be sent back to the distributor, disposed of in a landfill or disposed of in a way deemed appropriate by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency.
Recovered Material Policy:
Any spilled or recovered feed material will be cleaned up, placed into a garbage bin, and disposed of in an acceptable manner.
Used Packaging Policy:
Facility does not reuse packaging of unknown origin if repackaging feed.
Effective Date: September 17, 2018